2012年2月10日金曜日

How To Change Chuck On Drill Press

how to change chuck on drill press

Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts

Mount a 1/4"-diameter socket to the side of your workbench to make changing bits quicker.

I purchased a mini chuck that features a 1/4"-diameter hex shank to hold small drill bits securely. The instructions suggest clamping the shank of the chuck in a vise while you hand-tighten the bits in the chuck.
Fiskars 8511 6984 PowerGrip Hand Drill
Learn more
To speed up bit changes, I drilled a hole large enough to accommodate a 1/4"-diameter socket in my workbench near the drill press and used cyanoacrylate (CA) glue to lock the socket into the hole. Now, I slide the shank of the chuck into the socket to change bits quickly.

Stephen Dickinson

Tuscon, Ariz.



These are our most popular posts: how to change chuck on drill press

Buy Bench Drill Press: Buffalo Tools DP5UL Drill Press

Black Bull 5 - speed Drill Press. Featuring 5 quick-change speed settings plus: 0-90 left and right table tilt; Front mounted safety on / off switch; Cast iron table, base and drill body; Max speed: learn more RPM; 1/2 chuck; 1/4 ... read more

Buffalo Tools DP5UL 5 Speed Drill Press - Jet Drill Press

5 Speed Mini Drill Press 5 Quick Change Speed Settings Table Tilts 0 – 90 Left Right Front Mounted Safety ON/OFF Switch Cast Iron Table Base Drill Body Maximum Speed: 760/ 1150/ 1630/ 2180/ 3070 RPM 1/2-inch ... read more

Champion Forge Drill Press Jacobs Chuck Threads? - The Garage ...

My question is is there a finer thread than 1/2-20 ? the chuck on it is very out of round and needs replaced, so I tried to swap my ryobi 1/2 chuck of of my drill press which I know is 1/2-20 but it wasnt happening, and I didnt want to booger ... "A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, ... read more

Scroll Saw Woodworking Crafts - Easy Mini-Chuck Use

I got the chuck from Mike and I use it all the time. I have had it for several years. As he says if you touch the end of the bit to the wood then turn on your drill press, the bit does not have a chance to wobble. A foot switch attached ... read more

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿