2012年1月24日火曜日

How Do You Make Oatmeal Cookies

how do you make oatmeal cookies

Biscoff oatmeal cookies with cinnamon M&Ms « Fashionably Fit

There was a problem at our house earlier tonight.

A self-inflicted problem at that. I saw cinnamon M&Ms on a clearance end cap at Target and could. not. help. myself. I mean, cinnamon M&Ms? What are those? I had never heard of such a thing and had to know more. Plus, they were 90 cents. If they were terrible (unlikely) I could pitch them and little would be lost.

I don't know about you, but I think Green is pretty chic in the snow bunny look.


Quaker Breakfast Cookies Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, 6-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
Learn more

The Biscoff spread, well, that's a whole other story. I saw a jar of cookie butter from Trader Joe's on Instagram and immediately pleaded on Facebook for someone to send me some. My friend Elin, being as amazing as she is, sent me a delicious care package from TJ's that included the cookie butter, cocoa almond spread and a chocolate and coffee grinder that will be the perfect topping for the coffee cupcakes I still haven't made.

My other amazing friend Kim also saw the post and didn't say anything … but came to visit right before Christmas bearing a horseshoe necklace ("Your version of the Carrie necklace!" she told me, and I totally squealed) and, you guessed it, Biscoff spread.


Erin Baker's Breakfast Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin, 3-Ounce Individually Wrapped Cookies (Pack of 12)
Learn more

I didn't open the Biscoff spread right away, because we still had the cookie butter. We devoured the cookie butter far sooner than I'd care to admit and dove head first into the Biscoff, and when I came home looking forward to a spoonful, I knew things had gone too far. I was also pretty close to tearing into the M&Ms, for the simple reason that they were in my house, so they needed to go, too.

The thing is, if it's a cookie or a cupcake, I can usually shut myself off. I know when I've had just enough and it's time to call it a night. But with individual ingredients, I'm done for. I will eat small handfuls of chocolate chips until the entire bag is gone. Clearly I should have acted sooner, as I had exactly one-half cup of Biscoff spread left — just enough to make these Biscoff oatmeal cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod that I found via Table For Two.

 


  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsps all purpose flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour in an attempt to get rid of it and it was fine)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • As many cinnamon M&Ms as you can fold in into the dough.

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

Using a stand or hand mixer, beat together the butter, Biscoff and sugars until fluffy; add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.

Gradually beat in (on low) the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Carefully fold in those limited edition M&Ms. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes; during this time you can preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment or wax paper or silicone mats.


Bake for eight to 10 minutes, until they are just firm around the edges. Allow them to continue to firm up on the baking sheet for at least five minutes, then move to a wire rack.

 



These are our most popular posts: how do you make oatmeal cookies

Tart Cherry and Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I will eat small handfuls of chocolate chips until the entire bag is gone. Clearly I should have acted sooner, as I had exactly one-half cup of Biscoff spread left — just enough to make these Biscoff oatmeal cookies from Two ... read more

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies

Its almost back to school time, so I thought Id design a delicious and healthy oatmeal cookie for the kids. The good thing about it is that they are also nut free, seeing as most schools these days dont allow nuts. These cookies ... read more

Banana + Oatmeal Cookies : The Healthy Chef – Teresa Cutter

Namely (entirely), amaaaaazing cookies. Seriously–Id put these on my greatest hits CD, right next to my solo-in-the-car karaoke version of "Just a Friend." Mmmhmm. Not embarrassing at all. I couldnt get oatmeal out of my ... read more

Biscoff oatmeal cookies with cinnamon MMs « Fashionably Fit

After popping a few into my mouth – again for research – I thought they would be the perfect addition to plain oatmeal cookies. And I just happened to have the exact amount of oats needed to make this recipe, so I went with it. read more

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿